Wednesday, December 06, 2006

SHA Committee Meeting

Well I had to chair my first committee meeting today, I think it was the most ummm! how you say controversial one for some time! Shal I say a change to the usual one.Though I lot was said that needed to be said and got off peoples chests, and some stuff was said that did not need to be said, some stuff was also said that should not have been said and some insults were made by some people present to other people present, I think overall it was productive; I know this sounds strange to say! I was fascinated to see some members were very vocal and some were deadly silent, and did not say a word.Some of the best meetings I have been in that have resulted in the best moves forward have been like this meeting full of passion and emotion (not that I want every meeting to be like this!), I think the result will be a reassessment of targets as a group, with an overall aim to try and achieve for the year. We need to tackle this in January and take this passion and make it productive, as for the silent members ummm! Did they have any passion? Why were they silent, is it because we have not made them feel part of the team?

No comments: