Saturday, December 23, 2006

What wifey wants for Christmas



Yes, my good lady told me yesterday night she wants the new Katie Pice and Peter Album, A whole new world, so I duely dashed out and bought it, when I gothome she was out and I just couldn't resist slicing the package open to listen to it first.
I've always loved music of all types whether sparce Belgian techno or dark jungle, gabba or handbag cheese, trip-hop or progressive, uplifting Italian piano or down and grimy speed garage, drum AND base or good ol' fashioned nosebleed, but today.... today something new, something ground breaking has literally assaulted my ears like a sonic enema, purging everything that I thought I knew about music, leaving me feeling washed out, cleansed and ready to leave behind the old me, what I used to be, leaving me ready, ready for a whole new world. I ripped this CD into MP3, put on my iPod and as the first notes hit me, I sat bolt upright, like, like...... like a puppy that's been trodden on, and I ran, ran through the house, down the hall and straight through the closed patio doors, shards of glass embedding in me as I danced around the garden, leaping like Bambi might have done if Bambi had been shot in the backside with a .177 air pellet. I don't remember what happened next, but when the final track, 'Lullaby', ended I was tapping my foot and clicking my fingers in the first class section of a plane to Barrow-in-Furness. Naked. My hair is now completely white and I twitch more than I used to, but the doctors say that's normal and have prescribed thorozine, but nothing, nothing, NOTHING beats the new high that I have found in this album. I wonder if it's possible to make albums like this in bathroom laboratories to be shipped out for unknowing young ravers worldwide....? What a buzz!! *Locks door and puts CD in player*
Merry Christmas!!

No comments: